Could BT deliver 30Mbps broadband for all under a new USO?

Sourced through Scoop.it from: uk.pcmag.com

OFCOM, the Uk communications regulator, is set to advise the government to raise the USO to 30 Mbps to be aligned with today’s usages. Openreach, the broadband programme of BT, has succeded in delivering 25Mbps to 92% of UK population so far and promises to reach 95% by end 2017. It is not certain that it will be able to deliver this speed to the remaining 5%, that’s where satellite comes in. Europasat can deliver today 30 Mbps anywhere in Britain and soon even faster speeds and unlimited allowances.

Satellite Coverage

satellite coverage map

close